Friday, November 16, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust!


Another one goes down.

I had a feeling all along that he was a dirty player, but I liked Bonds just for the simple fact that no one else like him. Now he joins the club with Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery et.al. People who never tested positive, but were found guilty. In my head, I'm starting to think, "What am I taking all of these USADA administered drug tests for? Obviously people have found a way to circumvent the system anyway." Now I'm starting to believe that the only way you get caught using performance enhancing drugs (PED's) is if you really didn't know you were doing them or you were just being plain stupid.

Hopefully some type of revelation will come about and everyone using will be caught. At the end of the day, we are professional athletes and we do this to get paid, and it's a shame when someone steals your shine because they are a dirty athlete. I mean, imagine you are an athlete that finished #11 in the World Rankings and you miss out on that top 10 funding from the U.S. Olympic Committee or you finished fourth in the World Championship trails or Olympic trials, only to find out that someone ahead of you has been found to be on PED's! That's money from sponsorships, USOC, etc that you will never be able to recuperate, now you are still eating Hamburger Helper when you could possibly be eating fillet mignon.

I don't think Bonds will serve any jail time, but I hope that he is never allowed to don another MLB uniform again. Although I think the justice system needs to take Major League Baseball to town rather than individual athletes because I have a feeling they knew about the steroid problem going on in baseball the whole time.

0 comments: