Thursday, August 23, 2007

Osaka Update #2

It's been a few days, but nothing has changed here, still training and hanging out. I haven't gone anywhere around town to do any sightseeing, the only sight I have seen is the track, and it is pretty impressive, the warm-up track looks like it can host a track meet it's self. I finished up my second training cycle so I was off yesterday and I'm off today. I went to the mall yesterday with Melissa Beasley and Ross from USA Track & Field and it was pretty funny. Everywhere we went people were stopping me to take pictures and shake my hand, people were actually feeling my biceps muscles seeing how strong they felt!! I guess it doesn't take much to impress them. Osaka has been very welcoming and cordial to all of us. The only downside is that the rooms we are staying in are very small, our luggage barely fits in here and the food they continue to serve is always hit or miss. Our only saving grace is there is an Outback Steakhouse, McDonalds and Pizza place within a two block radius. I might start going to the other athlete hotels to see what they are eating because I've had enough of this. Good thing NIKE hospitality suite opens up today, they always seem to have good food. I don't run my first round for another five days, Kenta has his first round tomorrow night, he's looking great in practice, I hope he takes home the Gold.

On another note, I can't believe the IAAF cancelled the use of the World Rankings! Now what am I suppose to look at on Tuesdays? Not only that but I now wonder what the powers that be are going to use for our US Olympic Comittee Insurance, The Olympic Jobs Program and our World Rankings Check. But I guess it is what it is.

I'm a big fantasy football fanatic. This season, I'm lining up against 11 of my friends from high school and college, I have no idea how I became a fan of this, but it's addictive. This is my third year playing and I won the first two, so I plan on running my streak to three in a row. My draft is the 25th at noon eastern which means 1am Osaka time. I'm ready too, I've made my draft board up and everything, hopefully I have a top three pick!

0 comments: