Thursday, June 5, 2008

IAAF/VTB BANK World Athletic Final Write Up and Info


Jorg Wenig of the IAAF has published an article of me as we lead to the 2008 World Athletic Final to be held at the end of the season.

This is the largest competition of the season behind the Olympic Games of course. The top seven point scorers during the course of the season and a wild-card qualify to go. You score 20 points at Golden Leagues and Super Grand Prix for winning, 10 at Grand Prix and 6 at Area Permit Meetings. They take your top five performances of the season

So far this season I have competed in two scored meetings and have 40 points due to my wins in Doha and Berlin. Joel is tied with me for the lead in the hurdles with the four scoring meets he has been to. I'm thinking that you probably need to score around 65 points to make the top seven.

Here is the link to everything you need to know regarding the World Athletic Final

In 2006, I qualified for the competition and finished fifth, behind Liu Xiang, Dayron Robles, Allen Johnson and Terrence Trammell, last year I didn't compete due to some set of circumstances I didn't understand and was not explained, I wrote a long post about it last year HERE.

0 comments: