Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Only Thing That Changes Is The Tail Number On The Flight

After having such a wonderful time in Denver, it was back to the day-to-day grind, being back in Orlando. I'm glad I left on the day I did because as I type, it's back to blizzard-like conditions in Denver and the airport is out of commission. It snowed pretty hard on Christmas day too. Everyone is always saying "I wish it would snow of Christmas" or "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" is crazy! I have no want nor need for snow, my blood is too thin for that now, I've been in Florida too long.

Being with family is so important to me, I got to see my brother for the first time since last Christmas. He'll be graduating this May from UNLV, with a double major. Graduation for him, oddly enough on his birthday, hopefully I'll have a chance to see him there. My nephew Khamari is getting so big too. One thing that I was so grateful for was the fact that my mom has seemed a little more happy with everything. I think that it's because she has raised up almost three college graduates and productive members of society on her own. I do believe a major part of her happiness lies with her "beau" Harold Johnson. I am so happy that she has found someone who seems to have only her best interests in mind. Every time we talked, he wanted to talk about bettering her and her life. I've known him for quite a while, his son and I ran track in high school together. I was telling my mom that I remember back in the fall of 1999 when I was a senior in high school, Harold was coaching at South H.S. and he voted me to be on the All-League team. Not even my own high school coach or athletic director did. I lead the State in interceptions with 11 and had over 70 tackles at the safety position, but my own school wouldn't even vote for me, a rival coach did, and that was the only reason I was a part of the All-League team. I don't know why I tend to remember all of the negative things that have happened far more than I remember the positive things, maybe that's what is the driving force behind me. I'm just glad that things in her life are looking good because she deserves it.

This Christmas vacation was the last break I will get for quite a while. Brooks unleashed the beast on us at practice today, which I knew he would, I am down for the count! I need to load up on my protein because I know I'm going to be hurting in the morning.

0 comments: