Saturday, March 8, 2008

Off And Running!

I ran my first round race around 11:30am local time. I was in the last heat of five in lane three. I ran a very comfortable 7.59, we had a false start, so I just sat in the blocks, I had a reaction time of .225. I didn't want to be the dummy who false started out of the prelims, when they were taking the top four in each heat.

Allen ran a good opening round as well, a light and easy 7.67, finishing second in his prelim and making an automatic qualifier.

The World Ranked #1 Dayron Robles had a disastrous go of it. I don't know what happened initially, but he believed there was a false start in the field. I didn't hear of it until my post race interview, when I was asked if I heard what happened. All I could say was "Wow". That is a very unfortunate set of circumstances for him. I know he will rebound well though.

I have a tough semi-final, with the World Record holder Liu Xiang in my heat as well as Stanislav Olijars and Yoel Hernandez. We have a three heat semi-final, I am in the last semi-final, lane 4. They are taking the top 2 and the next 2 fastest times back to the final, so I am going to have to crank it up.

I'm back at the hotel now, leaving at 4pm to get ready. Right now, the Sandman is throwing sand in my eyes, so I'm about to tap out.

0 comments: