Friday, March 21, 2008

Outdoor Season Starting Up

I know I've been gone for a while, but I'm back. There hasn't been too much of anything going on since I returned home from Valencia. One of my fillings in my tooth came out while I was eating a protein bar last weekend while in the weightroom, so I had to get that taken care of, I don't need a repeat of last summer. Aub-Rida said "Why am I always around when something goes wrong with your teeth?" I responded "You're bad luck, maybe I need to stop hanging out with you."

I have practiced twice since I've been back, and I can tell I have to get back on the ball and back in the routine of training. I was joking the first day back saying the most I'd done since the Birmingham meet was block starts to the first hurdle.

Disney is having its big meet this weekend, and all of us are running in it. I was kinda shocked when I was told I was going to race, but to me that's the best way to see where I am at physically. It's a two day meet and I am going to run the 110 hurdle prelims today, the finals, shuttle hurdles and 200 tomorrow. I am excited to finally get to go over ten hurdles. Last year this meet was my opener and I ran a wind-aided 13.27 in the prelims and a legal 13.26 in the finals, I'm expecting pretty much the same.

0 comments: