Sunday, April 1, 2007

Day at the Movies : Shooter and Pride








Finally had some down time, between doing something track related 15 of the last 19 days and going in to The Home Depot for work, so I decided to go and check out Shooter and Pride today. Shooter was a great movie, second best movie I've seen in 2007 behind 300. If you haven't seen it you should, especially if you are in to movies like Enemy of the State. I won't give any of it away but it was a good two hours spent. After checking out Shooter, I hit Pride, the movie about the all Black swim team. I really didn't have any intentions on seeing this movie when I saw the previews a while back, it had that Coach Carter, Remember the Titans kind of feel. I only stopped by because it was playing right next to the theater I was coming out of from watchin Shooter. Pride was also a good movie. It was a rollercoaster ride for me, from the swim race scenes to the emotional element of the movie being a Black male. I recommend catching both these movies.


0 comments: