Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Florida Relays: Race #4

My fourth race of the season is coming up this weekend in Gainesville, Florida at the Pepsi Florida Relays. My first meet of the season was a few weeks ago, where I ran 13.62. That race was the fastest season opener I had ever run. I competed a week later at Disney where I ran 13.27 in the prelims, which as of right now is the world leading time and then ran a wind-aided 13.28 (4.5w) in the finals. Before that meet the fastest time I had ever run in the United States was 13.45! I credit that and the successful 2007 indoor campaign to the very competitive practices I have been going through with my training partners. Now it's time for the Florida Relays, the competition will be greater and so are my expectations for the meet. I'm hoping to run a technically sound race, stay healthy and produce a fast time as well. This time of our seasons as professionals, we like to use the races as competitive practices to try to put together everything we have gone over in practice. You can run as fast as you want between March and June, but as I like to say, "You can't win anything of importance between March and June but some ohhh's and ahhh's and a front row seat to the action at USA Championships." Prayerfully everything will go well.

0 comments: