Wednesday, April 16, 2008

IFF Games: Year 2


I will be heading up to Greensboro, NC for the second year for the International Friendship and Freedom Games, hosted at North Carolina A&T. My coach, Brooks Johnson, is putting this meet on again in honor of the "A&T Four" . I ran very well here last year, I set the facility record in a time of 13.22. This year I am looking to lower that record and build upon my performance from Florida Relays. I have had a good last couple of weeks of training, I'm turning over well in my 200's and fly-in 30's. We have prelims and finals about an hour or so apart, that plays right in to how I train, I always have enough ass to run the rounds. If I execute and get progressively more aggressive in my race strategy, I will do what I set out to do this weekend.

You can watch a live webcast of the meet at www.iamsport.com starting at 9am Saturday, April 19th. Brooks and Randy Hadley have done a hell of a job transforming this meet in to one of the elite meets on the domestic schedule. There are several past and present Olympic and World Championship team medalists and members on the start lists this year.

0 comments: