Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dr. Phillips Elementary School Visit


Yesterday, Jackie and I were invited by Brooks' wife Betsy to come in and talk to her third grade class as well as about four other classes. We genuinely had a great time! They did a project about track and field in the Olympics, from their start as war games in ancient Greece to the evolution it is today. We watched videos they had prepared and I talked to them about the hurdles.

We had kids doing block starts, they had a blast with that!

I demonstrated the first use of the javelin as a spear in a war

Then at the end of the day, I was hungry and ate lunch in the cafeteria with them. That was the first time I had eaten in a cafeteria since I was in 8th grade. It was good too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is too cute :-)