Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Yo-El!!!

Today is Joel's 29th birthday, too bad he's got to spend it in Sweden where it was snowing last night. I will give him a shout out even though he's an admitted Black Republican, voted for Bush the first time and would have voted for McCain if Palin wasn't his running mate. He still has helped me get to where I am as a hurdler.

We are off to Malmo, Sweden later this afternoon. Young Hearns rolled out on us after the meet, he's competing later today for the USA in Glasgow, U.K.

Last night at the Millrose Games in New York City, Terrence Trammell drop 7.45 in the hurdles. It's good to see him back in his usual indoor form after his unfortunate injury last season in Beijing, he's one of the best to ever do it in the high hurdles.

My World Lead lasted a little longer than 24 hours, I knew it shouldn't last very much longer than that when I found out he was running at Millrose. My personal best is 7.47, so I will shoot to break that and try to regain the World Lead in Malmo, hopefully I will be successful in that attempt.

5 comments:

Aunt Celest said...

Good luck, and I know you'll break the record. Once you but your mind on something it's done. My grandson Justin who just turned 9 won Athlete of the year for Bantam Boy's Distance Runners 2008 from United States Track and Field. Please tell Yo-El Happy Birthday from Aunt Celest. Be safe on your journey.

LaLa said...

I got to watch Terrence at the Millrose games and he made 60 meter hurdles look like childs play. He floated. He placed 2nd in the 60m dash. I was happy for him.

Treasure said...

First of all, good luck with breaking the world lead David...I have faith in you though and I am sure you will be able to do it...

Second...I am shakin' my head @ Joel. You shouldn't have aired him out like that, because it would have been better not to know all that...I mean I wish him a happy birthday (*rollin' eyes*)...But considering voting for McCain!!! NOPE! Not cool...The man has T-Rex arms! How can you trust and vote for a guy who can't even place his right hand over his heart to say the pledge of allegiance?!! NOPE...NOT COOL Joel.

Unknown said...

Happy bday "yo el" LOL

Miiss Jessiica said...

Happy bday "Yo-El" LOL