Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BigBank Tallinn Meeting 2009

I woke up this morning with a feeling that I haven't felt in a very long time.

I was extremely nervous, first thing in the morning. Today is race day. Finally I am back in action.

My last competition was nearly four months ago, 1/3 of a year has gone by since I last put my uniform on! I know that this is what has lead to my extreme nervousness. It's sort of the feeling you get before your very first competition of the year. You're hoping that all your fall training and practices leading up to the first time under the lights went exactly as you and your coach planned.

Me, I just want to get out and get back under the lights again. It is funny how we sometimes take for granted something as simple as pinning your bib number on the front of your competition jersey or doing the preparations we go through before we head out of the hotel to catch the bus to the stadium.

My good friend and hurdle legend Allen Johnson is in the field today, we sat in the lobby of the hotel and talked for a good three hours after dinner last night.

I usually have several goals I want to achieve in every race, but here, I just want to finish the race and have a good performance. I have been over a minimum of ten hurdles at least 12 times in the recent three weeks perfectly fine, but I'm just hoping that everything will be okay and I will have some good news to report back to you guys later on tonight.

0 comments: