Friday, August 28, 2009

Weltklasse Zurich Golden League Meeting


The comeback trail has lead me to easily the most prestigious competition in the sport of athletics, Weltklasse Zurich.

This is the meet of all meets, the competition that everyone wants to go to every year. They meeting organizers compile the most competitive fields, the food is the best on the circuit, they have the best medical staff, the list goes on and on.

I have had the pleasure of attending this meet every year since my first as a professional in 2005. Zurich is the only meet I've been to every year.

I ran the second fastest time of my career thus far at this meeting last season, running 12.98, you can count on two hands the amount of people throughout history who have run faster than that time. I am pretty sure that I probably won't be able to duplicate that type of performance this time around given the circumstances, but that won't stop me from trying to!

It has been a good feeling getting back in the mix of things, seeing some friends on the circuit again and a lot of other whom I haven't seen in almost a year. It felt equally as good back warming up with my training partner Novie, who will open up the competition tonight in the women's 400.

The race starts at 8:20 local time (2:20est) and I will face the final from this past Berlin World Championship race. I drew lane three, right next to the recently crowned World Champion who will be in lane four.

Brooks again reiterated that we will treat this meet the same way as a meet in April. I can't sacrifice my technique in order to start over competing because when you do that, it leads to more injuries and you start grooving in bad things. He stated that the main goal is to finish in one piece and build upon what I established in Tallinn a few days ago. He feels that April set up May and the same will happen here. I am very excited to have the opportunity to race again.

The only goal I have in mind is that I want to make sure I'm getting back to doing the technical things I use to. Tune in to the meet, it will be a great one! Send up some prayers for me!

You can catch the meet on the web at www.universalsports.com it starts at 2pm eastern.

1 comments:

Reality said...

Hey David,

Just believe . . .

Your Fan 4Real,
Reality from the ATL :-)