Saturday, July 14, 2007

Golden Gala: I've Seen Better Days

Let me start off by saying that I couldn't really take anything bad from this race that involved my performance. I say that because when you sit and see a guy get speered by a javelin in the back, all of the things that you think went wrong for you seem to take a back seat. I don't know either Tero (JAV) or Salim (LJ) personally, but my prayers still go out to both of them, I can't even begin to imagine what they are feeling.

Now on to my racing performance. I drew lane 9, alongside Allen Johnson in 8. Like I posted in my recount of Lausanne, I can't seem to catch a break these last couple of meets as far as lane draws go. I guess it really doesn't matter because there's a race in late August where there is no need for politicking for lanes, because you draw what you earn, but anyway back to the race. I ran 13.36 and ended up third. I crashed a few hurdles, but cleaned my technique up from hurdle 5 to the finish. I had no idea what was going on in the race, I just came across the finish line and hoped what I had done was good enough. The only thing I knew for certain was that I finished before two people (lanes 8 and 7). I'm not pleased with the time, but I picked up some all important points for Grand Prix Final at the end of the season. I guess any time you get some podium action at a Golden League it didn't go totally wrong. I'm now off until the Super Grand Prix in Madrid, Spain which will be held on July 21st. If anything of interests happens, I'll keep you up to date.

1 comments:

lqmccoy said...

what good? Tell Jacoby i said wat up.