Friday, January 18, 2008

Aren't We Glad The Past Few Days Are Over!

The fellas here at 4700 House have been going through a lot off the track the past two to three days. Here's the list:

1. I take The Impala aka The Storm Trooper aka The Block Beater for a simple oil change and end up dropping nearly two stacks ($2000 usd, for those who don't know) on several different things that need to be fixed.

2. Shortly after taking my car in, I'm back at home and have to have Aub take me to the doctor's office because I was experiencing some pain. Turned out to be nothing major, but I got a prescription.

3. I get the prescription filled, take it home and I am about to use it, then I think to myself, "I better call this in to USADA before I run in to some problems down the road. Come to find out, it was some type of synthetic steroidal cream and I told the gentleman I spoke to on the hotline "Well, you can cancel Christmas on this one, this is going in the trash right now!", he told me it was legal in out of competition testing but illegal in competition. I was like, doesn't matter, I'm not even running the risk, that's how they got Kenta messed up last season. I do applaud how accessible USADA makes information accessible if you want to know something.

4. While I was taking Joel to the airport, Aub's in a trailing car, going to Wal-Mart to get some new tires, and gets pulled over by the cops. Come to find out, the cop pulled his gun out and wanted Aub to step out of the car! He told me he instantly hit the record button on his phone because he knew he didn't do anything wrong. It was all because a few months ago, Aub reported his license plates as stolen and when he got them back, he told the authorities, but I guess they didn't update their system. The cop said by law, they are suppose to get you out of the car at gunpoint because the vehicle is considered stolen.

5. We go to Wal-Mart to get the tires, and they just sold out of them and will be out of stock for at least another week.

6. While getting Aub's VIN number, the woman at Wal-Mart breaks his drive side door and it wouldn't close. They had to keep the truck and finally got the door back in to working order.

7. My computer then broke down on me. It wouldn't cut on, something was wrong with my battery pack. I took it to Best Buy's Geek Squad and they said I needed to get another charger. I then bought another charger even though my computer is still under warranty because I didn't want to wait for them to send me another one, with me going out of town next week and all. As I'm on the phone with Toshiba, he told me to plug the charger in and all of a sudden it started working again. What a schizophrenic computer part. Now I'm out an additional $100.

Needless to say, we at 4700 have been going through it. But everybody's doing fine and everything's going good, the only thing is that Aub won't have his tires for at least another week, hopefully he won't have to get cussed out by his mom again to get it done! LOL

0 comments: