Thursday, January 31, 2008

101st Millrose Games

I'm heading out to New York this afternoon to race at the historic Millrose Games at Madison Square Garden. This is the third time I have run at this meet, one as a collegian and one as a professional. The first time I ran it was in 2004 and I finished second in the college section behind Josh Walker who was at U of Florida at the time, last year, in a disastrous near fall at the fourth hurdle, I of course finished last in 8 seconds.

The field this year is a strong one, with the likes of Aries Merritt, Anwar Moore, Antwon Hicks in the field. The fun thing with this meet this year is that Joel and Aub are running too, so both of my training partners will be amongst the competitors.

This week, I'm looking to improve upon my performance from last week, I had a few technique mishaps that I need to fix. You can catch the meet on Friday at 7pm on ESPN2.

0 comments: