Monday, February 18, 2008

Birmingham Grand Prix Post-Race

The competition in Birmingham went about as well as I hoped it could have gone. I ran a new personal best and won the race in a time of 7.55. I beat my previous best by .01 seconds, not a lot, but it still shows improvement. I got a bad start once again, although it was better than the one I had at the Millrose Games a couple of weeks ago. That was the only negative of the race I experienced. I failed my cue for the race from Brooks, which was, "Don't fall asleep at the start because you know the Brits are going to try to catch one." They definitly caught one on me as well. Andy Turner and Alan Scott were clearly away from the blocks before me, but I just stuck to my race strategy and dominated the critical zone of the race and pulled the win out.

Check the results here

I had a great time out in Birmingham as well. After the meet, Joice and Philips Idowu (GBR TJ) showed Kenta and myself a great time out. The way they treat their track and field athletes out there is off the hook. Everyone in the spot knew who they were, it was sort of like how NBA players are out here in the States.

I'll be getting ready for the U.S. Indoor Championships this week, I will be trying to improve upon my bronze medal performance from last season. I will keep you updated!

1 comments:

Bodies By Joice said...

Glad you enjoyed the hospitality.

lol

Again congrats on the PR