Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dear Mama, You Are Appreciated!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BREN!!

Dear Mama, a song by one of my favorite artists 2pac, is my favorite song of all time and it reflects my sentiments exactly.

For a woman it's not easy to raise a man on your own, but you did a hell of a job! I am thankful for the way you raised me and what you instilled in me. Back in '05 when it seemed I was hopeless and unsure about doing this track thing, you said the words that got me back in focus.

"Everything will be alright if you hold on, everyday is a struggle gotta roll on."

There's no way I can pay you back, but the plan is show you that I understand, you are appreciated! Place no one above you, sweet lady, don't you know we love you Bren! Happy birthday!

5 comments:

LaLa said...

Makes me tear up, a boy and his mama.

ejheat said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BREN! A very touching tribute to your mom, David!!!! Your blog father has spoken!!!! That is the bottom line because emotional me and Coach E said so!!!!


Eric

Ms.Mia said...

Happy Birthday Momma Bren!...I always tell my mother that when people see me, I'am a reflection of her and what A Beautiful Reflection it is. There's nothing like Mothers. =)

McLean Cromer said...

MS BREN!!!! Happy Belated Birthday comment!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Bren!!!

Having the lovely family you have must be the kind of gift that continues to give you joy each and everyday!

May you continue to be blessed by the success that all of your children and grandchildren realize in their lives.

Until our paths cross again.

Bernard Oliver
aka "namesake"

PS: Though, we have a few years behind us...., as former T&F athletes, we are well preserved. SMILE!