Thursday, July 31, 2008

Beijing Update


Well, since I was last on here, I have eaten at the Golden Arches twice, had practice and picked up so much gear it is unbelievable. We received three luggage bags full of stuff, about 10 Ralph Lauren Polos, exclusive for the Beijing Games, shoes, shirts and of course uniforms. Anybody that knows me, knows I stay Polo'd out, so I'm happy about the severe come up.

On my first trip to the McDonalds, the workers there knew who I was. They kept saying "Liu Xiang" and pointing at me and saying I was a superstar. They had me autographing all kinds of stuff. I'm sure everyone here knows who the 110 hurdlers are because of Liu, so I thank him for my minor celebrity. LOL.

The Village is very nice, of course my roommate is Kenta'. They have everything you could possibly need. I won't be here too long, myself along with the rest of team USA track team is heading out to Dalian, where we will be at training camp until five days before the beginning of our individual competition. After I leave tomorrow morning, I won't be back to the village until the 13th.

I have shot a few videos with my Lenovo flipcam, I will post them when I get a chance. Until then......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come you can put all your business on the blog, but you deny friendships on Facebook?!

Anonymous said...

This is in response to the above comment. David needs to concentrate on his game, not on questions such as how he responds to stalkers, groupies and true fans. It is of my opinion that David needs one centralized location for all of the grouped categories listed above. LOL Let’s just be grateful that he is sharing his life with us regardless of what site it is coming from. His talent has afforded him the opportunity to make choices and this is one of them! Give him a break! Stay focused David . . .

You new found fan,
REAL from the ATL :)

Anonymous said...

I think you are amazing!!I know you've heard that a million times already, but I just thought a million and one would be a charm.I'm gonna be real, I had never even seen you before Aug. 20th, but when I did see you, I was completely smitten.You're very talented. You have special gifts.Keep up the good work!!!