Friday, August 1, 2008

Training Camp Arrival

Well, we made it out to Dalian for training camp. It's a very good set up that the wonderful folks from USA Track and Field have set up for us here. We're in a 5 star hotel overlooking a golf course and the sea. We have a wonderful staff that works with us and they had everything set up from game rooms to a movie theater to an eight lane bowling ally! The town of Dalian has also constructed two brand new track and field facilities and weightrooms for our use. They have done a heck of a job.

I was suppose to have training today, but no sooner did I leave my room did the people from WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) come to get your boy. I'm expecting that at least another two times before we get out of here, I will be shocked if I don't get tested again. I don't mind testing because that means you are doing well in the sport, which is much better than the alternative.

We have ESPN and HBO in the room, so I'm in business! I might go move these weights around tomorrow, I had a couple people tell me I was looking small on TV at the Monaco meet.

3 comments:

LaLa said...

Just catching up on your blog. So people actually tell you that? They must be close to you. How does that conversation go exactly? :)

Anonymous said...

Hello David,

How are you doing after yesterday's race! I watched the entire event!You would have thought I was in Beijing shouting your name.Congratulaitons and I wish you well in your endeavors.Respectfully Yours,Maria Turner

Anonymous said...

Hello David,

How are you doing after yesterday's race! I watched the entire event!You would have thought I was in Beijing shouting your name.Congratulaitons and I wish you well in your endeavors.Respectfully Yours,Maria Turner