Sunday, August 17, 2008

2008 Beijing Olympic Games About To Begin!.....

For me anyway. The heat sheets have been posted, I just got my bib numbers and it's time to get it poppin'. I'm tired of sitting around here. Tiff just finished dusting off here first round heat in impressive fashion, so I guess it's my turn.

I'm in heat two, lane six. In my heat are Shamar Sands (BAH), Gregory Sedoc (NED), Mikel Thomas (TRI), Jackson Quinonez (ESP), Damjan Zlatner and Jung Joon-Lee (KOR).

My heat kicks off at 11:18am China time (11:18pm eastern, Sunday). My main focus for this round is to go out there and try to react to the gun better and work on quickness because I heard this track is pretty quick. I'm not going out to re-invent the wheel or anything, so I will just keep it consistent.

If I do that, I should come back tomorrow afternoon with a good update.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck D.O. GO USA

chris4three said...

you will be fine...if I know you like I think I do, you've already won in your mind, and that's more than half the battle:) ...do your thing...

Kristasphere said...

Like Rakim says "light em up/blow em out like candles" baby. Do ya thing, we are so pulling for you here!

Anonymous said...

I just watched the video of your mother on the UPS site. It was/is very inspiring/moving to say the least David.

To you, your mother, and 12:85!...

Sincerely,


/s/Norman Levinson, UPS
Enterprise Architecture
Mahwah, New Jersey

Anonymous said...

How are you adjusting to your new eye candy status? LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the time. I totally forgot about the time difference. Even though I am DVRing, I will be sure to catch you tonight!

Goooooooo D.O.!!! (Damn, I'm corny)

Anonymous said...

You got this!!! Keep pressing toward your ultimate goal of bringing home the gold!!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on your first step tword GOLD in the heats today. To bad Liu won't be in the mix, but thats his problem. We are all ruiting for you back in the states. Good luck.
BEAT The Cuban

Anonymous said...

13.30! Congrats you got the best number in all the heats!

Sadly I didn't see it, i just checked the results on nbcolympics.com

Best luck in the next round

Anonymous said...

do your thing

GABRIEL NASCIMENTO said...

Hello Davis, it's great the your Blog!!!! Congratulations!!!! visite the my- wwww.omusicoeopoeta.blogspot.com and know my city in Brazil Where I live. Came on also to acess and add my e-mail gabrielnasciment.eagle@hotmail.com and comand the your to me. I am a musician, I like sport and I'm young in this Blogspot- Blogger.

Anonymous said...

Hey David,

Just watched your Olympic Finals race. I am stoked to see that you got a medal. Only I was hoping it would be Gold or Silver. I don't think anyone can beat Bolt right now though. But you looked strong through all the heats. Keep up the good work. Do you have anymore events at these Olympics?

Anonymous said...

Hey! Who is that good looking lady in the white USA T-shirt!??? Looks like a real sweethear to me!
Kevin