Friday, August 29, 2008

Pre-Meet

So, competition day has finally arrived. The 110 hurdles go off tonight at 8:40pm local time (2:40pm est) and it should be a good race.

David Payne dropped out unfortunately, so all the medalist from Beijing won't be starting here tonight. But the loss is an actual gain for me, as due to Payne not starting, my training partner Joel got invited to the meet. Since he's been here, things picked up right where they left off at the house.

The lane assignments are:
1: Yo-El Brown (USA)
2: Petr Svobada (CZE)
3: Anwar Moore (USA)
4: D.O. The King
5: Dayron Robles (CUB)
6: Aries Merritt (USA)
7: Artur Noga (POL)
8: Richard Phillips (JAM)
9: Marcel Vander Westen (NED)

My main goal today will be just to get on the ground quicker, by that I mean I'm going to focus on nothing but accelerating my lead leg down to the ground early. I usually do it as the race goes on, but I'm going to try to do it from the first hurdle all the way to the finish. We will see what happens. I don't have a time goal or anything for today, the lead leg action is all I want to accomplish, that and the win of course.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRULATIONS ON THE BRONZE , I ENJOY READING YOUR BLOG SPENDING TIME WITH ALL THOSE KIDS SHOULD HELP PREPARE YOU FOR FATHERHOOD SOMEDAY ,MUCH LOVE, RESPECT AND ALL THE SUCCESS IN THE WORLD TO YOU .

P.S
YOU’VE BEEN TO ST .LUCIA AND BERMUDA WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO BARBADOS

LaLa said...

I had no idea, before reading this blog, that after the Olympics athletes have competitions so soon. That is love and dedication right there!

Treasure said...

Hey, so your friend Joel is there! That's good; always nice to have a friend around...My friend Tyara really likes Joel. She said she saw him at a meet in Carson awhile back and she has been on the look out for him ever since; so after I tell her about it I'm sure she'll be tuning in to watch the race...Anyway I hope you get the type of start and finish that you want. Best of luck.

@ what LALA said... I know, right! They don't give these Olympic athletes any kind of break....Like forget your accomplishment; get your asses back on the track! LOL

Jackie's eyes said...

D.O. The King, really??? Anyways..:-} While I'm at lunch I will be hoping you got off the ground quicker. Burn it up out there!

Anonymous said...

I know I am late....David! David! You won the bronze! Yay! Man, that has to be a wonderful feeling. Just to even have the chance to go is crazy in itself. So happy for you. I remember you telling me about the Olympics and how you really wanted to compete. Glad you got the chance. Good job! You blogging, funny. I see you have fans. lol. Take care. Stay blessed. Oh this is Mundi.

Anonymous said...

When will u be back in the states? How can I arrange to watch a track meet? My cousins run track and I think they would enjoy it.

Treasure said...

Hi...Okay, what I'm about to ask you does not really have anything to do with this post but whatever; I'm going to ask anyway....I just wanted to know if they made you cover up your tattoos with makeup or something when you were in the Olympics? Because I notice that you have quite a few on your arms; but they did not seem as visible on TV...So again, did you have to cover them or was it just the lighting or whatever? If they did make you cover them I suppose that makes sense...You're representing the U.S. so naturally, I imagine they'd want you to look as "clean cut" or "wholesome" as possible.

anonymousnupe said...

How have you fared against the big Cuban historically? Go get 'em HBCU grad (albeit that other HU)!